ella Forums is currently looking to fill a number of vacant roles for Chairs/Facilitators.
What is a forum? It’s a small group of leaders (typically 8 – 12) who meet on a monthly basis, virtually, to create a supportive learning community. The members of each forum get to know each other through the monthly meetings and build trusting and supportive relationships that help them to develop as leaders of their organisations. A forum is a safe and confidential environment that enables members to share the issues and challenges they face and get practical and relevant help with identifying solutions. It is also a place to share their successes.
The role of a Chair/Facilitator is as follows:
- to lead the forum members as together they build a trusting and supportive community for each other
- to facilitate monthly meetings using the tried and tested action learning process
- to organise forum meetings and keep members informed on dates and activities
- to mentor individual members as and when needed
- to attend the monthly speaker sessions in order to then discuss the topic and content in subsequent forum meetings thereby helping leaders to make the most of what they learned
- to partner with the central team on marketing activities designed to increase the number of new members and to retain existing members. This may include such things as sourcing testimonials and referrals from members; being interviewed for a blog; sharing non-confidential information about their forum.
This role lends itself to people who have relevant experience such as being an executive or team coach, or a facilitator. Previous experience of the charitable or not-for-profit sectors is preferred.
On average a Chair spends the equivalent of one day a month on the activities required to organise and run the forum. Our existing Chairs tell us that they find their role very rewarding as they learn together with their members, and they also get to observe the real and significant difference that membership makes for individual leaders which in turn benefits their charities.
For more information about ella Forums, it’s purpose and activities, please take a look at this website.
If you are interested to find out more or to apply for one of these vacancies, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV to Julie Pelych, Chair of the Southern Forum and Chief Membership and Development Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.